PORTLAND (FIBA Basketball World Cup) - Victor Claver has returned to the NBA a much more confident player ahead of the 2013-14 campaign after shining for Spain at EuroBasket 2013.
Given a prominent role for the first time in his national team career, Claver embraced the uncustomary position of power forward and helped the squad reach the podium for the seventh time in the past eight European Championships.
While the Spaniards had wanted a third successive title triumph, they settled for a decisive victory in the Third-Place Game against Croatia.
The 2.05m Claver averaged 6.1 points and 5.1 rebounds in just over 20 minutes per game.
He signed off with with 16 points, six rebounds and three blocks in the 92-66 triumph over the Croatians.
"It was important for me," Claver said of the EuroBasket.
"I've been in the national team for a long time and I didn't have a chance to play that much and when I did, it was hard for me."
Read More